What are the typical causes of multiple login prompts on sharepoint sites?
We have a production site where users who login outside of the domain (from home) are prompted multiple times (3 or so times) for their domain credentials for the site.
Inside the domain (in one of our offices), when users load the site, they are logged in automatically as expected. The only time multiple prompts come up inside the domain is if they select "Sign in as a different user".
As an experiment, I built out a blank site on a VM and I experienced the same multiple prompts behaviour both on and off the domain, across both IE and FF:
- Site runs at: https://oursite.uat.contoso.com
- Windows Authentication was enabled (Classic Mode) during setup
- Integrated Windows authentication using NTLM is set under authentication providers
- Anonymous Access is turned off
- *.contoso.com is listed under the local intranet zone sites in IE.