I have a content type (CT2) with 7 site columns. CT2 inherits from CT1 which has 3 columns.
We are using CT2 in several document libraries.
In one document library
- The columns for CT2 work as expected
- The columns for CT1 display when selecting columns for a view
- The columns for CT1 display in a standard view
- The columns for CT1 DO NOT display in a datasheet view
- The columns for CT1 DO NOT show up in list settings
- When I attempt to add the site column it does not show up as an option
For the most part it did not seem to make a difference at first but this uncertainty does give me general worry but not being able to do easy edits in datasheet view is an issue now.
Is there any reason why a site column from a content type is in a document library would not show up in the document library settings page on in the datasheet view?