This is what I am trying to do:
- I need to use an issues log on my team's SharePoint site.
- I need a number of people to receive email notifications once an user makes a new entry into the log.
- The problem is, what I have learnt so far, the issues log can only notify one person or a group of people for every new entry, and what I need to do is that based on the type of entry in one of my columns of the log, only one person would receive the email. For example, if the issue is about sales, then I want only "Mary" to be notified, and if the issue is about product defects, then I want only "Pete" to be notified.
- It doesn't seem like SharePoint will allow me to go to that level, unless you please let me know how.
- Then I thought as a work around I could create multiple issues logs (I will need about 11 for each type of issue), that way I make sure only the people I want receives the notification. The New problem with this is that the logs will be now isolated, and I need to have a consolidated report once a month. Is it possible to have SharePoint automatically extract all the content into a master issues log?