I am using SharePoint 2010. When I select List then the site navigation menu is lost i need that menu remain same after selecting the list and also need the list Tool bar as it is. I want to do this for all list and sub-sites also.
Following are the steps for solution:
1) Open your main site in SharePoint Designer and copy v4.master for Backup
2) Open v4.master Master page of your site
3) find the
4)Check for Master Page link in Look and Feel menu if it is already there then no need to follow step 5 and 6 directly go to step 7
5) now go Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration and open Site Collection Features find feature SharePoint server Publishing Infrastructure and activate this
6) Again go to Site Settings -> Site Actions and click on Manage site features then activate SharePoint Server Publishing this will enable Master Page in Look and fill menu
7) go to Look and Feel -> Master page -> Check the Check-box "Reset all sub-sites to inherit this site master page setting" in both Site Master Page and System Master Page then click OK.
After following the step you got the desire output ::