In a document library, I've included a field of type 'Number' in my custom content type.
At a particular point in my solution I increment this field by 1.
On certain items it will work, on certain items, the field in question isn't incremented.
By 'work', I mean I'm checking this field's value in the 'View Properties' dialog.
It's important to note that on the items it works for - I've noticed that the field has a value of 0 prior to incrementing it. On the items it doesn't work for, the value of the field is empty.
What I've Tried
- I've removed and re-added the custom field to the content type through the UI several times.
This is a document library by the way, all of the documents I've looked at are of the same content type, same filetype, and are all approved. I can't seem to isolate the problem any further.