Here is what I'm doing:
- I have an Active Directory Security Group and a SharePoint Group
- I add the Security Group as a member of my SharePoint Group
- The Security Group is added to the list of groups for the site collection
- The Security Group is NOT e-mail enabled so the "Work e-mail" field is empty
- I update the Security Group to be e-mail enabled
At this point the Security Group still does not have a value for the "Work e-mail" field. I then try running full user profile synchronization but the "Work e-mail" field does not update. I try stsadm deleteolddatabases and then run the sync and it still doesn't update.
I know that I can manually delete the Security Group and then re-add it to the SharePoint Group but I don't want to have to remember to do that everyone time that there is an update to a security group. Is there a way to automate this?