I am looking for some guidance on how to create multi-stage approval cycles / workflows:
- User creates new Request item
- Admin user approves or rejects (reject "returns" item to original user with a task) or raises to Admin Manager
- Admin Manager approves or rejects
- Business manager assigns the item to an individual (which creates a task for the Business user)
Business User "takes ownership" of the item (which doesn't create a task)
- Business user actions the work and updates status accordingly
- Email sent to originator
- After x Months the item is moved to a new "Archive" list (to keep list size small)
My initial thought is to NOT use "Item Requires Approval" but write a number of Workflows, one for each step of the process (since as more Business Processes are added, some parts should be re-usable).
Concerns are: How to trigger the workflows. Button on form? Field state matches a specific value (has to be bool for maintenance...can't rely on text!) etc...
Any advice on how to do this very gratefully received!