Complete SP nub here. Running short on time and I have yet to find the answer I need here or on Google.
What I got
A Custom default/master/dashboard/landing/whateveryouwanttocallit page with a really pretty CSS MegaMenu at the top. Within one of the dropdowns of the menu is an area where I'm being asked to put an ability to "Add widgets".
Honestly have not a clue where to start ... but i have ...
What I've tried
I've looked over links like this and this and even crazy stuff like this and so much more (prolly looked at over a 100 pages just in the last 2 hours, been looking for days). And thus far I'm just not getting it.
The closest result I've had so far is trying to use the near end answer givin on that second link, however, the webpartzone is "invisible"! ACK!
Can someone PLEASE point me toward a possible full blown tutorial on how to add such functionality to a custom asp.net page in Sharepoint.
More info about the page
- It completely covers the screen (no sharepoint ribbon)
- Users will be "logged in" by the time they get to it, so permissions shouldn't be an issue?
- a pretty firm, short and simple backend thus far, as i don't have a ton of dynamic content added yet, so the cs class is pretty clear and free
- a css drop down "megamenu" (google it, you'll prolly find the downloadable css) at top
- a complex, custom jquery carousel across page body (minus top of course)
- currently importing the microsoft webparzone, as it seems to have brought me closest to my end goal
One last bit of clarity because i'm not even sure at this point what i'm doing :P
I have a fully custom asp.net page on sharepoint used as a "landing zone" after user logs in. In a PART (about 500px x 500px) of the drop down menu, I need to add a button that allows the user to click it and pop open the sharepoint widget (add web part) dialog and then save the selected webpart to that zone for that user!
I really hope this is enough info and someone can help point me, at this point i'm running through line after line of code and reading as much msdn as my brain can handle and i know i'm within inches, but I just can't quite seem to cross the line.