I am trying to update a DWP file in the web part gallery by using stsadm upgradesolution. Here is what I am doing:
- Created a web part, put it in feature, packaged it in solution by WSPBuilder, deployed it. Worked absolutely fine.
- Updated the xml of my dwp file.
- Compiled the project again.
- Build wsp file through WSPBuilder again.
- executed stsadm's upgradesolution command.
- Once completed, checked the assembly date in GAC and it reflects the time of my upgrade which means it is copied during upgrade. Great.
- Checked the dwp file in Web Part Gallery but it is not updated and still showing the old file.
Am I missing something? How can I upgrade my dwp files through upgradesolution?