I have a site collection with one subsite.
- One user to have contribute permissions for both the site collection and for the sub site.
- A different user to have contribute for just the subsite and visitor for the site collection.
How do I achieve this?
- I tried going into the subsite and choosing to stop inheriting from parent but, when I change which user is in which group for the subsite, that still gets applied to the site collection.
- I tried creating a new permission level at the subsite but I don't have an option to do so. Creating a new permission level at the parent doesn't allow me to pick that it should only apply to the subsite and not to the whole site collection.
- I considered having separate site collections as per Contribute permissions for specific parts of a site but we'll end up with so many different site collections that way that I'm worried maintaining consistent master pages and navigation will be a pain.