I created a visualwebpart for list Employee details. Created a web part page template with the following steps:
- Created a module named WebPartPageTemplate
- Renamed Sample.txt to WebPartPageTemplate.aspx
- Cleaned all the text from WebPartPageTemplate.aspx
- Copied the markup of Application page from another Visual Studio instance to WebPartPageTemplate.aspx.
- Modified the page directive, and added extra register for WebPartPages.
Added markup for WebPartZone in the main content.
Modified the module's Element.xml to add instance of this template.
When I build and deploy this application I get a deployment error:
Error 1 Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features': Failed to instantiate file "WebPartPageTemplate.aspx" from module "WebPartPageTemplate": The specified list does not exist.
What could be this error all about? Any help on this is highly appreciated.