There is an error in the Norwegian languange pack for SP2010. In the summary view of announcement lists "by" (as in by author x) is translated to "etter" (after in English) and I can't figure out how to fix it.
I have searched trough all the .resx files on the server and the error is located in
<data name="2000"> <value>etter </value> </data>
The resource is referenced in
14\TEMPLATES\FEATURES\AnnouncementList\Announce\Schema.xml line 199 and 536:
<Field Name="Attachments" /><HTML><![CDATA[</span><br />]]></HTML><HTML>$Resources:2000;</HTML>
I'm note sure if the list is using core.no-nb.resx or wss.no-nb.resx.
Things I have done to debug/correct the problem:
- Correct the translation in every .resx file on the server (including .resx-files in
- Creating new announcement lists to see if a change in .resx-files only affect newly created lists
- iisreset/server reboot
- Disable/Enable AnnouncementsList-feature using PowerShell.
- Created a new web app/site collection
- Run Install-SPApplicationContent from PowerShell
I think that the root of the problem is that I don't fully understand how Resources works..