SharePoint Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for SharePoint enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I found this really nice effect on this website:

Please take a look at the IE advertisements on the top and the right side of the page.

It seems like some kind of elastic effect.

Has anybody implemented this anywhere??

Thanks enter image description here

enter image description here

Its probably not possible to tell the effect without actually seeing it. For all I know it might just be Flash content.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by SPDoctor Aug 24 '12 at 15:15

Questions on SharePoint Stack Exchange are expected to relate to SharePoint within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Not seeing the advert, could you take a screen shot snippet and show? – Hugh Wood Aug 24 '12 at 12:45
Still can't see anything that looks like an elastic effect in IE or FF, can you show the two transition states. – Hugh Wood Aug 24 '12 at 13:16
Per the FAQ, this does not apply to the relevant topics of discussion for this site. Please consider asking it somewhere else. – RJ Cuthbertson Aug 24 '12 at 13:52
Sorry, per the FAQ this is off-topic for this site. – SPDoctor Aug 24 '12 at 15:15
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Not really a SharePoint question....

It's Flash (as are all of the ads on the top of Engadget's home page). Just right click on it, and you'll see that it's Flash. That said, it's just a simple x-axis movement with easing. The core jQuery animate function could easily handle the same thing... no need for a "plugin".

share|improve this answer
Im sorry guys. I meant to put this under stack overflow. Is there a way for me to move it? – user7400 Aug 24 '12 at 15:39

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.