We want to write a Custom Webservice to pull the User Profile Properties from SharePoint 2007 and should be able to consume the same Webservice in BCS (SharePoint 2010).
1. Read a User Profile Properties from a Custom Webservice
2. Consume the same Webservice in BCS
3. BCS properties have to be merged with AD properties for the User Profile Properties in SharePoint 2010.
Can anybody let me know how it can be done?
I would like to follow the steps given below
- Create a user defined class "MissedUserProfileProperties" with various attributes
- Override the GetList Method in BCS
- Make an instance for UserProfileService.asmx
- Iterate through the UserProfiles and store the required information in the List <MissedUserProfileProperties>
- Return the List<MissedUserProfileProperties>
- Configure the UserProfile in such a way that it will combine both AD & BCS
Please let me know if it can be done?
Update - 2
I have configured and populated the required information and would like to remove the BCS connection however it is throwing an exception saysing that "Operation is failed"
What would be the right way of doing this....?
Still the properties are mapped and it is not allowing us to unmap the BCS integration, also we stopped the Full import in the middle.