I need to create one custom job for SharePoint 2007. But the harden is that is on another server while i need to develop that on my system using visual studio 2010. I have dll of SharePoint 2007 to use.
Now, I know couple of thing...
1) I need to take Class Library Project and Add Reference of that SP2007 Dll....
2) I Need to inherit one class from SPJobDefinition and override Execute Method
3) I need to inherit one class from SPFeatureReceiver and override FeatureActivated
4) I need to create one feature.xml
<Feature xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/" Id="b9e40341-32ab-410a-a20f-282cf13fb54b" ReceiverAssembly="SharePointSocialNetworking, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6264b0911592ad29" ReceiverClass="SharePointSocialNetworking.FeatureToEnableJob" Scope="Site" Title="SharePoint Social Networking Job">
1) Should i need to create this feature.xml or mycustom.webpart ?
2) What would we the steps to install this in that server ? I mean can anyone step down here ? where i should copy dll and use which command to deploy & enable & update
3) Should i need to register that in GAC ? How would i will get PublicToken of this project dll ? In this Xml Scope="Site" Correct or will be Web or Farm ?
4) Don't know what is the difference between this feature installation and webpart installation ? what is applicable here ?
5) After Install how would I update my Dll when changed ?
Really Thanks for your support