Ok, I am getting into SharePoint development for my company and they have an existing installation of SharePoint that runs Reporting Services in "SharePoint integrated mode". Since I'm new to SharePoint I decided to fire up a virtual machine to experiment with (totally trash).
My problem is that I don't see the "Reporting Services" section in SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration, nor do I have the "SQL Server Reporting Services Report Viewer" web part available to use.
This is what I did:
- Installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit (with all patches installed and .Net framework 3.5 "features")
- Installed Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 x64 w/ SP1 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943587)
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6362)
- Installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9437)
- Rebooted the server after all this just in case. :)
Did I install something in an order that is prone for bugs? Is there a good step-by-step guide that shows how to do this successfully?