I exported a site which have many sub sites, and then that sub sites have several sub sites, but getting following error if someone got any idea about it.
[16/07/2012 13:47:20]: FatalError: Non-supported field type change.
The field cannot be changed to the new type. Please check the new type and try again. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.UpdateField(String bstrUrl, String
bstrListName, String bstrXML) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPField.set_SchemaXml(String value) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListSerializer.CreateOrUpdateField(SPList list, String fieldName, XmlNode fieldNode) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListSerializer.UpdateListFields(SPList list, Dictionary`2 listMetaData) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject, DeploymentObject envelope) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ImportObjectManager.ProcessObject(XmlReader xmlReader) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.DeserializeObjects() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.Run() [16/07/2012 13:49:28]: Progress: Import Completed. [16/07/2012 13:49:28]: Finish Time: 16/07/2012 13:49:28. [16/07/2012 13:49:28]: Completed with 0 warnings. [16/07/2012 13:49:28]: Completed with 1 errors.
tried on a different VPC manage to get another exception
FatalError: The folder that would hold URL '/s/a/aasdasd' does not exist on the server. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CreateWeb(String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueWeb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid& pgWebId, Guid& pgRootFolderId, Boolean bCreateSystemCatalogs)
I tried using this software
I also tried STSADM for importing/exporting but gave me same error
I tried to import it to another site collection and same site collection as well but nothing changed.
I also looked at backing up but its a site not web/site collection and so I cant backup site having subsites.
Is there any way I can move this site without encountering these errors or the validations its doing :/ as right now am testing it on dev environment it got loads of bugs which i cant fix i guess but live server will be alright, suggest alternatives to this method as well if yu can