I've been given a project to complete. There will be four web applications which communicate with an EDRMS - initially entirely in SharePoint but later the EDRMS will be extended with a third party solution.
- Web App 1 - read only access to all final version documents
- Web App 2 - Department based collaboration
- Web App 3 - Team based collaboration
- Web App 4 - My sites
How do I get them all working with the EDRMS in SharePoint without causing too many hurdles for the users to jump over.
Do I configure Web App 2, and 3 to publish Major versions of documents to the EDRMS? if so, then how do I then show on a users My site which documents they have been working on? and how do I link to them from Web App 1 - is it all just manual?
The main issue is that users seem to think that it all just magically allows access to documents in the EDRMS - whereas all I can seem to find is
- Records Centers are for archived documents which are not going to change (or not often)
- Document Centers are for live documents to be edited on but mean that I cant use a Team Site as such as users would edit documents in the Document Center instead of a Team Site
- Once a document is published to the Records/Document center its disconnected from the original source of the document - ensuring that users look at te Record/Document center version is managed by business process
ANY guidance would be appreciated!