Here's my current setup: Outlook, CRM plug-in, Document Management enabled in SharePoint. Currently, I browse to an account in Outlook inside the CRM plug-in, click on the Documents tab to open up SharePoint inside of Outlook/CRM (iframe). Here's the problem: I can sort each column by ascending and descending, but not by the terms in the managed metadata column. This works fine if I open SharePoint in IE or if i use the datasheet view both in IE and inside of Outlook/CRM. I've tried numerous IE settings and the SharePoint and CRM sites are in my Trusted Sites.
TLDR; I can't sort the managed metadata columns by their terms/filters inside of Outlook/CRM (iframe), but everything works outside of Outlook/CRM.