I have requirements to create Infopath Filler 2010 forms. They are non-browser and are not served through Sharepoint Infopath Services (so require Infopath installed on all clients) but have supposedly richer client capabilities and are supposedly easier to develop (really only to design) while all clients in organisation have Infopath installed locally.
So, I create Filler form by:
in Infopath Designer 2010 I chose "File" --> "New" --> "Blank Form (Infopath Filler)"
Fig.1. Infopath 2010: Available Form Templates
and publish it by File --> Publish --> btn "Sharepoint Server"
- the latter has description:
Publish form to a Sharepoint Library
- Create or update a form library form on Sharepoint
- Users can access this form online (my question: How?)
Fig.2.1. Publishing "Sharepoint Server"
Fig.2.2. Publishing browser-disabled (Infopath Filler created) form by pressing "Sharepoint Server" button
Fig.3. Upon clicking "Add document" green-cross image-button
Fig.4.1. ... gives an error in Firefox Mozill "The form cannot be modified in a Web browser. To open the form, use Microsoft InfoPath."
Fig.4.2. ...though opens itself in InfoPath Filler from Internet Explorer
and modifying the opened in Infopath Filler 2010 form
I have only the following options to "save" (and/or export) it:
- File --> Save As (Formxxx.xml)
- File --> "Save and Send" --> Send Using E-mail
- E-mail message body contains a copy of this form
- Allows recipients fill out this form in Outlook
- Recipients must have matching versions of Infopath and Outlook
- Export to Web
- Save this form in a format that can be opened in any Web browser
- Export this form as a Single File Web Page (.mht, .mhtml)
I believe that I have the same (versions of) Outlook 2010 and Infopath 2010 since I am sending and opening E-mail on the same machine.
But I cannot modify the fields of form received by E-mail --> See Updated below
Though I cannot find how any modifications go back to Sharepoint lists on the nasis , how this off-line (from Sharepoint) Email (or saved .mht Web Page or .xml data) form is supposed to be used?
What are the possible ways of using Infopath Filler non-browser-enabled (off-line from Sharepoint) forms?
What are the sense and possible ways of specifically publishing non-browser forms templates to a Sharepoint Forms Library?
Fig.6. he InfoPath Filler created forms are opened as in Fig.4 and the data modified in it upon :Security and Trust" configuration