I've been working woth FBA now, and my site uses both windows login and FBA login. They both work fine, and I've setup a MySite successfully to view profiles, and setup content sites for either kind of account.
No when I setup my FBA, I added some custom fields, say Job title and Department name for example.
When I edit my mysite profile, these fields don't appear, but no problem, this is expected, as I haven't written any code to match these fields together.
Now, when I'm on my regular site and click 'My Settings' from the top right hand corner dropdown, I get to a screen that seems to aggregate some fields from my DB and My Site Profile. As well as a new mystery Department field, and I'm sure I've Job Title in there somewhere, these have been seen (I hope I haven't imagined it) before the FBA work was even introduced so must be somewhere in SharePoint.
The other weird thing is when I'm on the main bit of my site, My Settings has an edit button, when I'm on My Site, it doesn't.
I might also add that my 'My Site' is a site collection within the main site and so has the same base url.
If anyone can shed some light on how I can synchronise all this information and make a simple one stop source of info for a user, that would be grand!