I'm working in the SharePoint Online - Dedicated environment.
Based on some documentation that I have read concerning limitations of Web Applications, Content Database sizes I've gathered the following info:
- 300 Content DB per Web App
- Content DB are 200GB (recommended)
- Site Collections by default are 100GB
- Recycle bin percentage is by default 50%
With these settings, I don't see how we are maximizing the storage capacity of the Content DB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Recycle Bin not add to the Site collection size? For example, the Site Collection is set to 100GB, the Recycle bin is 50%. This increases the actually allocation of the Site Collection on the Contend DB to 150GB, therefore wasting 50GB?
We are currently limited by the amount of Web Applications that we can have, so we cannot just spin up more of them. Would it not be better to use the following settings:
- Site Collection size 80GB
- Recycle bin percentage 25%