I have a sucessful implementation of incoming email in my environment. I encountered an issue today however, after a change I made to the location of the SMTP "Badmail, Drop, Pickup and Queue" folders that service this feature.
We wanted to store these folders on a secondary drive instead of keeping it on the primary drive. I found a set of scripts that would handle this move:
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/pickupdirectory "M:\SMTP Mail Server\pickup" cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/queuedirectory "M:\SMTP Mail Server\queue" cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/dropdirectory "M:\SMTP Mail Server\drop" cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/badmaildirectory "M:\SMTP Mail Server\badmail"
So once I moved the directories the emails would arrive in the new location "drop" folder, however they would not be picked up by the sharepoint timer job that runs once a minute. I looked into the ULS log on the server and the job was executing properly.
I decided to test putting those emails into the old drop folder location "c:\inetpub\mailroot\" and they were delivered.
My question is...obviously something isn't syncing in my adjustment with SharePoint while IIS is taking the new setting something in SharePoint isn't. Is there a way to adjust this in SharePoint or nothing that can be done.