I have a site definition folder with following structure,
In XML folder I have "ONET.XML" and I looked into this file, and realized that there isn't any GUID ID in it, just four section and a title, was wondering if changing the title gonna solve the problem for me or not ?
Structure of ONET.XML
<xml....> <project Title ....> <Navbars> <ListTemplates> <DocumentTemplates> <Configuration> <Modules> <serverEmailFooter> </project>
All i see is Title that I can change :S
I changed the Title, and copied the renamed Folder, ONET.XML(Title of template) and pasted it in
"Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates"
then I renamed the copy "WEBTEPxxxxx" to my Site Definition Name, in folder
"Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\XML"
I can see the New template in the List, it creates a new site as well, but the created Site is blank, when I checked setting it says, the Master Page isn't right or something.