I'm using SharePoint 2007.
Some users are getting an error when trying to open a spreadsheet from the SharePoint.
You do not have permissions to open this file on Excel Services. Make sure that the file is in an Excel Services trusted location and that you have access to the file.
- This error is not displayed to administrators
- The users who see this error have Add, Edit and View permissions for the document library
- The users who see this error can open other spreadsheets within the document library
I have tried asking one of the users with this error to add the SharePoint's url to their list of trusted sites (Internet Explorer-->Tools-->Internet Options-->Security tab-->Trusted Sites-->Add) but this did not seem to make a difference.
- Enterprise features have been disabled (I was told to disable them as this subsite does not have the licenses to support it. I did not activate them in the first place)
- Using the drop down list, the user has the following options: view properties, edit properties, view in web browser, snapshot in Excel, sendto and workflows. They have these options for both spreadsheets they can open and those they can't.
- The view in web browser/snapshot options only show up for me on certain documents. This doesn't correspond to whether other users can open them or whether the document is .xsl or .xsls