Although the answer to your question does have a variety of different perspectives that can blend together to come up with a "one shot" coverage scope for a SharePoint Architect but I think it is better if we look into a SharePoint Architect as a mix of different architectural backgrounds working under a single umbrella in a more agile manner.
Primarily , SharePoint Architect is divided between the technical and functional aspect of the platform.However expectations might differ between organizations who enable SharePoint Center of Excellence and may have diverage understanding of what capabilities a SharePoint Architect may have.
So to make it simple enough, it is like a SharePoint Architect in the most basic flavor will come up with the following :-
1) SharePoint Platform + Application Architecture (90-95%)
2) Support Planning and Infrastructure (40%)
3) Governance & Compliance (40%)
4) Understanding various Project Management Processes (50-60%)
5) Enterprise Architecture (20%)
However as the ball keeps rolling ahead , things keep getting fatter in SharePoint Architect's career lifecycle. An experienced and fairly senior SharePoint Architect is expected to have the following coverage areas.
1) SharePoint Platform + Application Architecture (99%)
2) Support Planning and Infrastructure (70-80%)
3) Governance & Compliance (70-80%)
4) Understanding various Project Management Processes (80-90%)
5) Enterprise Architecture (70%)
6) Business Intelligence (90%)
7) Information Security (both application and process models) (70-80%)
8) Service Oriented Architecture & Web 2.0/3.0 Models (70-80%)
9) Information Architecure and Usability Understanding (60-70%)
10) Other Microsoft Technologies
- Active Directory , Exchange (50 -70%)
- Team Foundation Server (100%)
- Hyper V, Clustering , Rights Management Services (50%)
11)Lastly , a vast amount of experience in handling different management systems like CRM , CMS , HRMS , DMS , etc.
As said earlier, one can shuflle between what should be there and what shouldnt be there in the SharePoint Architect's knowledge belt. The above can be still fairly expanded with a wide spectrum of knowledge areas but all of the above should be the founding corner stones of a SharePoint Architect.