This is what I want to achieve (in SharePoint 2010):
- A custom page containing 2 XsltListViewWebPart
- Both of them rendering the same list data, but with different XSLT definition for display
- I want to store the View definition separately (independent of these 2 webparts) so that I don't have to redefine (& adjust) the view everytime
- Filter control(s) on the same page should be able to act on the View, updating both views at the same time.
How can I do this? My initial thought was:
- Define the View and save it as a separate CAML file
- Use XmlDefinitionLink and refer the URL of the CAML file in both XsltListViewWebPart controls
However, nobody seems to know how to use XmlDefinitionLink. Any ideas? Couple of Google search results only showed how frustrated users are with XmlDefinitionLink.