I have my custom list instance which had 3 items initially. Their ID are 1, 2 and 3. The list instance was declared in XML and was automatically created during deployment. After the deployment, I manually added one more item which had ID=4. Then I received a request to improve the XML declaration of the list instance by adding an item with ID=4 into the declaration to deploy it automatically during next deployment. I removed the item with ID=4 which was added manually from the list and put corresponding elements of the item into the XML declaration.
Unfortunately, when I deploy my updated list instance, which now have four items, the forth item is not added into the list instance. If I change ID of fourth item from 4 to 5, the list instance is deployed successfully and a new item with ID=5 is created.
Could you assist me and tell me what should I do me to solve the issue to have four items in my list instance with the following IDs: 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Note: I know that I can remove the list and reactivate feature which is responsible for the list instance. I cannot use this way, because in real life the list instance has 500 items. The items have data translated by foreign editors. I, bassically, will not be able to restore the same translated values automatically. Doing it manually is nightmare.