I'm new to the SharePoint platform, although I've been coding in the .NET platform since v1.1.
I created a customization that takes a SharePoint Library, iterates through the items and changes permissions as per the spec of the project. This feature is supposed to fire on a button click in what I understand to be a Solomon-derived Portal.
To complicate things, the button click happens in a classic ASP page written in VBScript. My code in the ASP page is as below:
Set Expenses = CreateObject("ExtenderLib.PRCustomization") Call Expenses.SetPermissions(...)
The call fails on the Set line with an error 500.
Unfortunately, this is my first foray into classic ASP since I jumped straight into .NET development
In my test web app (.NET 3.5), the function calls contained in my DLL assembly work perfectly.
- I am the domain admin
- The function calls impersonate the Service Account
- The Solomon Business Portal is in .NET 2.0 (according to IIS)
- The assembly is built to be COM-visible
- I created a strong-named key-file as part of creating the assembly
- I used regasm (with parameter /codebase) to create the TLB which resides in a folder with the assembly DLL and the WSS DLLs
- Component Services do not show an entry for ExtenderLib (EDIT: It does now)
- I added a bin folder to the asp website into which I copied the assembly DLL, PDB and TLB
- I used gacutil and ExtenderLib shows up in GAC
- I've checked Event Viewer and IIS Logs. Nothing obvious.
- I've tried both Server.CreateObject() and just CreateObject(). Both fail.
Platform: WSS 3.0 (v12.0.6219.1000), Windows 2003 Ent R2 SP2, VS 2010 Pro
Thanks for your help. It feels very close but I can't seem to button this up.