We are having problems with search application in our environment. The problem is that search works as expected if it's performed from the search center site collection for all sites. But it doesn't work when it's executed from site collection search box and with current site collection scope - results are always empty.
Symptoms as described here are connected to fact, that crawling is being made through other application zone than Default.
Our zones are configured as follows:
- Default zone on port 443 with ADFS authentication only and published on the Internet
- Extended web app to Intranet zone on port 1443 with ADFS and NTLM for administrative purposes from inside network.
From above it's obvious we can crawl our content only by Intranet zone (because of NTLM), but since it's not default zone search doesnt work properly for scope other than "all sites".
I'd like to ask you if you could give me some advice and hints on how I could rearange my web application to be able crawl it's content properly (without deleting it entirely ofc ;))
When I search site collection I end up in default search page. It shows no results and I can click
All sites there and I'm taken to search center and see results from all sites. Site collection search doesn't work in both zones, and search center searching works in both zones. Rewriting search result links didn't help. What is more, I have to login to do search on my site collection although I have anonymous access enabled. I'll also add that I set site collection to use search center, but I didn't change default results page -
Changing search configuration on site collection:
- Disabling custom scopes
- Changing default results page to search center result page
Gives the same symptoms - there are no results. Parameters
u are passed correctly (I suppose).