Take the 2-minute tour ×
SharePoint Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for SharePoint enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a SharePoint 2010 web application using Claims based authentication.

  • Anonymous access enabled
  • Windows authentication enabled, integrated Windows authentication, NTLM
  • Forms Based Authentication (FBA) enabled

Im using InfoPath form on a list. Using InfoPath I have created a dataconnection to the webservice https:///_vti_bin/UserProfileService.asmx?WSDL with the operation GetUserProfileByName

When opening item in list:

  • An error occured querying a data source. Log ID: 5566

ULS Log viewer:

  • Access denied calling web service for user.
  • Data adapter failed during OnLoad: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.
  • The following query failed: GetUserProfileByName (User: 0#.f|aspnetmembership|user)

Anyone got a solution for this?

share|improve this question
    
Did you check accessing the webservice via browser? Did you check accessing the webservice in InfoPath before publishing it into the list? –  Deepu Nair Feb 10 '12 at 9:35
    
Access via browser is ok. Preview in InfoPath fails. I also tested the webservice on a webapplication which is using only Windows auth and that works fine with InfoPath. I ended up using userName() in InfoPath, which returns blank value for FBA users and current username for Windows users - which gives me a ok solution for creating a rule to switch view based on FBA/Windows users. –  stiangodo Feb 10 '12 at 11:24
    
See this post - sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/18312/… –  SharePoint Dude Apr 2 '12 at 6:56
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.