- I installed VM-Workstation and added 2 VM (1 vm for AD domain controller and 2nd VM for play SP 2010)
- I dont want my home desktop to be part of the domain that I created for play sp2010
- I can access the SP2010 from my desktop using the machine/computer name. Both Central Admin and portal are accessible using computer name.
- I added portal.spplay.com and it resolves when I am on the either vm (ad or sp)
- I added a host entry (192.168.10.50 portal.spplay.com) on the desktop which is not a part of any domain.
- I ping portal.spplay.com and it does point to the above ip address but then I get request timed out.
- From, desktop ie browser i can not access portal.spplay.com
What are my options now?