I have a feature that has been upgraded a couple of times to add new fields to a content type. The feature started as version 188.8.131.52 and was deployed and activated at the site collection level.
As part of ongoing maintenance, we upgraded the feature to 184.108.40.206 to add some fields to a content type, and again later to 220.127.116.11 to add fields to another content type. Each time, after running Update-SPSolution on the containing WSP, I used Chris O'Brien's Feature Upgrade Kit to query for features at a certain scope that require an upgrade, and then upgrade the feature.
Worked like a charm ...
The problem I'm having is that when I create a new site collection from scratch, none of the historical upgrade actions I made to that feature are being applied.
I understand that Feature upgrades are decoupled from solution deployment and updates, however, when I check with the Feature Upgrade Kit, it tells me that no feature instances at the scope require an upgrade. Also, I can see (in SharePoint Manager) that the feature version is actually 18.104.22.168.
Here's what the Upgrade Actions look like:
<UpgradeActions> <VersionRange BeginVersion="22.214.171.124" EndVersion="126.96.36.199"> <AddContentTypeField ... /> <AddContentTypeField ... /> </VersionRange> <VersionRange BeginVersion="188.8.131.52" EndVersion="184.108.40.206"> <AddContentTypeField ... /> <AddContentTypeField ... /> </VersionRange> <UpgradeActions>
Things I've tried:
- Set BeginVersion to 220.127.116.11 on each VersionRange
- Omit BeginVersion on each VersionRange
- Run Update-SPSolution post deployment and query for features requiring an upgrade
Not sure what I'm missing here.