I am running SharePoint 2010 Enterprise. I am relatively new to SP.
What I want to do is create a form for my Publishing Site for authenticated users to fill out.
I want the form to behave like any form on any public facing website. Once the users completes the form, I want the following to take place:
1) If there are validation errors, those errors should prevent the form from being submitted.
2) If there are no errors, the form is submitted and the user is redirected to another page.
3) The form data is written to the SharePoint list
4) An email with the data is sent to a designated email address.
To make this happen, I have done the following:
1) I've customized the list's form using InfoPath 2010, with custom validation
2) I've deployed and tested the form
3) I've started a workflow
The trouble is, I don't know what to do next.
Can I assign this workflow to a List form, or do I have to create a form in a form library in order to assign the workflow?
Is what I am trying to do based on a false premise, that I can emulate the behavior of a typical web form using SharePoint?
If so, what should I do instead?