The index will be kept on the Index Server, so why do we need a Search database and what is the point of it in SharePoint 2007? I would like to understand the basic concept of SharePoint Search.
Below are a few questions:
- Why do we need a search DB?
- What is the use of it?
- Why it is consuming more DB space compared with other SharePoint DBs?
- When it will consume more CPU?
- What are all the important tables to know?
- Do we need to have an individual DB instance to keep it?
Please help me with your thoughts.