- Sharepoint 2010 Foundation (no Infopath!)
- List Form (made a copy of NewItem.aspx and customized it, renamed it) - Save and Cancel buttons are available.
- Also added an additional Submit button (Sharepoint form action) to experiment with what options I have with both buttons.
- Using server side validation on a column.
- some columns are required.
The entire thing works great (all validation). The only thing I have left is to send the user to a different page when all validation has passed. Right now, it simply returns the user to the same page to enter in another record.
I've tried various techniques to re-direct (GenFireServer changes, ?Source=) and they all work but what they do is send the user to the thank you page and ignore the server-side validation (it doesn't submit to the list but you don't have an option to fix).