I've added a People Search Core Results web part to a page and I do a search for specific users with a fixed keyword query. It displays the names and info correctly but it doesn't display the picture. All that is shown is a red X. If I log on to the server with the service account the pictures are displayed. I'm guessing this has something to do with the permissions to the MySite web application but I'm not sure how I should go about fixing it so the pictures are displayed aswell.
Update: It resolved itself "magically", no idea why it just decided to work but it could be work behind the scenes (read: network sec) that I did not know of but nevertheless it was resolved.