Is it possible to have rich text (bold, hyperlinks, ...) in the description of a document set? I tried to change the column type, to add a new one but nothing seems to work.
Update: Ok I understood that I should not adjust the system content type; but your supposed solution to create a new content type does not work neither. What I did:
- Created a new content type on site collection level where "Parent Content Type:" is "Document Set"
- Added a new column to this content type ("my") which is "Multiple lines of text" and has "Rich text (Bold, italics, text alignment, hyperlinks)" selected
- I added my new content type to a document library
- When creating a new document set, in the editor window no rich text editing options are available when I select the added field
- After some research I found the Tool Sharepoint Manager 2010 where I had to download the "SharePoint Manager 2010 v2 (Alpha 20110711)" because the other one gave me always an exception on save
- With that tool I can search for the field (which is dificult because they are not in alphabetical order) and set RichtText to true and RichTextMode to Compatible
- Then I had to recreate to document library that the changes were took effect
- Now it is possible to make text bold and add hyperlinks
- In the Homepage of the document set the descrpition is then rendered as
<div>text<b>lskj</b></div>all HTML Tags were escaped and are displayed as text
How can I do that this text is rendered correctly?