I am trying to clean up my SharePoint search results. Alongside .aspx pages, the search is also returning sites (e.g. http://mywebsite/news), even when these site names have no similarities to the search query string. The sites in the results are always given the thumbnail _layouts/images/STS_ListItem16.gif.
So to fix this I have tried to create a new search scope. The problem I am having is that most of the basic contentclass rules are returning no items. http://www.rtsmedia.com/SharePoint/contentclass.aspx and other pages have pointed me in the right direction, but of the properties I have tried, only STS_ListItem_850 and STS_List_850 are returning any items.
Other basic properties that you would imagine would work (STS_List_WebPageLibrary, STS_ListItem_WebPageLibrar, STS_Web) all return 0 items (in the itemcount column on the scope details page).