We need to create a publishing workflow on all lists and the Pages library in a site. We need the workflow to send an email when a user wants to publish minor or major versions of a publishing page or any of the lists on the site. It needs to go to an AD group which will provide approval, rejection, or request changes.
How should the workflow be created? Should we use the Library/List > Workflow Settings to do this? It seems inefficient to have to do this for each list on a site. Also, what settings should we choose when creating the workflow? Here are the settings we thought we should use for our scenario:
- All for the Content Type
- "Publishing Approval" for the Workflow
- "Workflow Tasks" for Task List
- "Workflow History" for History List
- Start Options:
- [X] Start this workflow when a new item is created.
- [X] Start this workflow when an item is changed.
Are these the correct settings for what we're trying to do? Your help and guidance are much appreciated. Thanks.