I have a client who's interested in using Sharepoint's (2010) CMS capabilities for their public facing site. Although the specification is not yet complete a few things are clear:
- Content administrators want a relationally simple interface.
- Publishing workflows and CMS permissions are required.
- There will be multiple content types.
- Ongoing development/maintenance would be done by an in-house team.
- All the nice CMS nice-to-haves are required out-of-the-box.
If you wanted a view on how complex the front might be you could use http://www.sonycentre.com.au/ as a rough indication of how 'glossy' and component based the site might be.
We will not be using Sharepoint in a collaboration or document repository capacity.
I wondering if anyone might be able to comment on using Sharepoint in this capacity or would be able to steer me in the direction of resources which might be of use.