We have a problem with logging in our SharePoint 2007 environment. No matter what we try, the log files only contain a wsstracing "lost trace events" message over and over again.
wsstracing.exe (0x95BC) 0x43A8 ULS Logging Unified Logging Service uls1 Monitorable Tracing Service lost trace events. Current value 13.
I will list below the steps we have taken to try and fix:
- Changed event throttling for all trace events (tried all options)
- Changed log file location and double checked that the service account could write to the log file. (This was verified by using PCMON to see successful log writes)
- Verified there is sufficient hard drive space available
- Simply restarting the tracing service (all MOSS services for that matter) does not help. We have a nightly backup/restart script running as well that doesn't seem to help.
- Have patched to SP2 and most recent CU
Any help or insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.