Take the 2-minute tour ×
SharePoint Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for SharePoint enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have the following SOAP query which is used to create a new list item in a different SharePoint site. The SOAP runs in a Nintex Workflow

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <soap:Body>
        <UpdateListItems xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
            <listName>Kaizen Blast Objectives</listName>
            <updates>
              <Batch OnError="Continue" ListVersion="1" ViewName="">
                <Method ID="1" Cmd="New">
                  <Field Name="ID">New</Field>
                  <Field Name="Title">{ItemProperty:Title}</Field>
                  <Field Name="Event_x0020_Driver">{ItemProperty:Event_x0020_Driver}</Field>
                  <Field Type="Note" Name="Problem_x0020_Statement">{WorkflowVariable:EscapedProblemStatement}</Field>
<Field Name="Group1">{WorkflowVariable:GroupID};#{WorkflowVariable:EscapedGroup}</Field>
                  <Field Name="Segment">{WorkflowVariable:SegmentID};#{WorkflowVariable:EscapedSegment}</Field>
                  <Field Name="Group_x0020_Location">{WorkflowVariable:LocationID};#{WorkflowVariable:EscapedLocation}</Field>
                  <Field Name="Solution">{WorkflowVariable:SolutionID};#{WorkflowVariable:EscapedSolution}</Field>                  
              </Method>
              </Batch>
            </updates>
        </UpdateListItems>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

What I have noticed is the web service call fails with an error message

Error returned from server: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

if the "problem statement" field has more than 255 characters.

the problem statement field is a multiple lines of text field in both the lists, source and destination. The web service call is used to copy some of the fields from the source list to a new list in a different site.

I also updated my soap so the field tag has a type attribute but I still get the error.

any ideas what I could be missing?

Thanks

share|improve this question
    
This question could potentially be off topic if it is about the Nintex workflow part. I have a feeling that it could be something wrong with your SOAP so I'll leave it open for now. Is the rich text field in a document library? –  Kit Menke Oct 17 '11 at 17:26
    
I would first recommend that for new items, you do not need to pass the ID field in. It might be that the wokflow field size limit is 255 characters in this case as well. You may try to validate that with a different field. –  spevilgenius Oct 17 '11 at 18:29
    
May I suggest that you use SPServices (spservices.codeplex.com) to perform update of the List. For your consideration. (Also, if you find some of the answer provided by the community to your other questions is useful, may I suggest that you give it a tick. Thanks.) –  Wilson Tan Oct 19 '11 at 5:56

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.