I'm creating a permission level on SharePoint called "Editor" to allow users to do the following only:
- Edit publishing pages: add/remove text, pictures, etc., in a page layout. Can't delete page. Can insert list views. Can't create a new page.
- Edit lists: add/remove/edit items in existing lists. Can't delete lists. Can't create a list.
- Site columns/content types: can't create these.
- New sites: can't create new sites.
- Site settings: can't access these.
Here's what I've checked on the "Add a Permission Level" page (basing it somewhat on Contributor role); is this correct for the Editor role that I need based on above requirements? All the items not appearing were left unchecked. Thanks for your help :)
- [X] Add Items - Add items to lists and add documents to document libraries.
- [X] Edit Items - Edit items in lists, edit documents in document libraries, and customize Web Part Pages in document libraries.
- [X] Delete Items - Delete items from a list and documents from a document library.
- [X] View Items - View items in lists and documents in document libraries.
- [X] Create Alerts - Create alerts.
- [X] View Application Pages - View forms, views, and application pages. Enumerate lists.
- [X] View Pages - View pages in a Web site.
document, or list item.
- [X] Browse User Information - View information about users of the Web site.
- [X] Open - Allows users to open a Web site, list, or folder in order to access items inside that container.
- [X] Edit Personal User Information - Allows a user to change his or her own user information, such as adding a picture.
- [no items checked here]