We are using some calendar based components both on our website and on our intranet. Both those components have the same issue.
- An event is created with a recurrence over several days.
- The event is edited.
- When the page to edit the event gets loaded, the end date is sometimes getting lost in translation. It is either replaced by "No end date", or an end date a year later than the start date. This happens totally randomly.
What we have already investigated
The problem initially appeared on our website, so we got a third party company to investigate the custom code for our website's calendar, without any luck.
The problem later started appearing on our intranet, which has a totally different configuration, has been installed by different people, and uses the OOTB calendar component with customised views (no customisation to the input form, as far as I'm aware).
This made me think that the problem must lie somewhere within the Sharepoint component itself, but I'm really not sure.
I have asked on the MSDN forums, and no luck so far.
- Has anyone encountered this problem before? I couldn't find anything similar in here or in msdn's forums.
- Does anyone have ideas of how we could further investigate this matter, or things to look into?
- Does anyone have suggestions of other questions we could ask Microsoft?
SharePoint 2007 version 18.104.22.16821 (SP2), on Windows Server 2003.
We use a standard calendar-type list, with elaborate views looking at it. The list contains around 12,500 items. Problems started around 4 years after the install.
SharePoint 2007 version 22.214.171.12418 (SP1) on Windows Server 2003.
We use a customised list made of publishing pages that use the calendar control. The list contains around 400 items. Problems started within 6 months of the install. Here's a link to the calendar.