We've tried about every configuration possible trying to get our Document Conversion process working in our load balanced, Windows Server 2008 (MOSS) environment.
Using the default ports and mimicking our working Production envrionment. Anyone else getting a never ending message like this;
"The converter framework returned the following error: CE_BACKENDUNAVAILABLE"
This is not a DC machine I'm running the Document Conversion services on, it's the Index server that has 2 WFEs attached.
(done on vanilla moss site with above settings)
- Create site collection with Team Site template
- Enable Document Conversion
- Activate Office SharePoint Server Publishing
- Activate Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features
- Stop\Start Load Balancer and Launcher services
- Enable Content Management
- Restart services
- Set Launcher service to None for Server
- Turned load balancer again
- Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversions.LoadBalancer.exe.config set to : (default)
- Microsoft.Office.Server.Conversion.Launcher.exe.config set to : (default)
- (Re)Enabled Enterprise Features on existing sites
- Used DOS commands to net start/stop DC services
- Updated NLB to get rid of 6062 error message
- Restarted services
- Added HVU_** to Local Administrators group [note EventViewer on WFEs give error 5448: The document converter was not able to convert the file and error 5476
- Changed the Load Balancer service to Network Service then back
- Restarted services in proper order