Edit : actually, my current task is focused on the refactor of a webpart, but the question is in fact a general question : what are guidelines for "cool" SP UI. /Edit
I have to maintain a set of webparts that have been written in old asp.net fashion way.
- one web part that insert data : a custom asp.net form that create splistitems
- several webparts that show this data using custom SPQuery and custom user control to show this data (in the page_load event, controls are populated)
The whole thing works, but there are a lot of drawbacks :
- if I insert data with the 1st webpart, the other webparts are not refreshed (because of the postback check in the page_load). I solved the problem using a redirect to current page
- if I hit F5, the data is submitted again
- it use postback and the user feel is lower than a nice rich ajax app
What are the first steps to refactor this webparts to add a bit of responsivness interactivity ?
When I use OOB webparts, there is lot of AJAX to refresh dynamically data. How can I properly (and simply) integrate with/reuse this UI framework ?