I have a project which have the following requirements :
- two functional areas : intranet and extranet
- two type of users : corporate users and partners (via claims authentication, AD for corporate users, and FBA for partners)
- corporate users have access to both areas
- partners users have access to extranet area only
My principal question concerns the query topology. I have the following requirements :
- corporate users can search globally from any place (intranet or extranet search will produce results from both areas)
- partners users can search only for extranet content
- externals apps and file share are indexed
Security is an important part of my customer requirements, so I'd like to put the extranet web server in a DMZ.
Do you have advice for such scenario ?
If I create only one farm, I think I can't have one web front-end in the dmz that serves only the extranet content, isn't it ?
If I create two farms, each with search services, I can set up the intranet search to crawl extranet content. But in this case, if a corporate user search form the extranet, he will have only results from the extranet, right ?
If I create two farms, and use the intranet farm's search services from the extranet farm, how can I ensure the partners users will get results only from extranet area, while corporate users get results from any place ? What about file share with no security set ?