I am having trouble with my current Windows 2003 server where MOSS 2007 is installed. My 'farm' is a single box with everything installed on it, MOSS and SQL. We have grown and this current setup needs to change.
I need to move MOSS to a Windows 2008 R2 server. Reading around on how to migrate to a new machine and there is a lot of articles out there. At the end I need to shut down this box completely because of the issues we are having with it. My question is, why can't I:
- Migrate the dbs to a new server (stsadm)
- Add a new server (2008 R2) into the SharePoint farm
- Transfer services to the new server (2008 R2)????
- stop services on the current 2003 box and start them on the new 2008 r2
- use conf wizard to have CA on the new 2008 machine
- Shut down this troublesome 2003 box.