I've been trying to start UPS Sync Service in my SP2010 Farm.
Here what I do:
- Create a UPS Sync Service Application with a managed account (DOMAIN\spservices).
- Click on newly created application, then Administrators from the Ribbon. Add farm account with full control (DOMAIN\spfarm).
- Go to Central Admin. > Services on Server
- Click Start button next to the UPS Sync Application
Right at this point it shows me a completely irrelevant managed account (DOMAIN\spsql). The field is disabled and I don't know how to change it.
- I try anyway, first it turns to "Starting" and after a few refreshes it stops with "Stopped"
I carefully tried to follow the steps explained here: http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010ups.aspx